Tropical storm Bill cost two days of progress on the house, which wasn’t bad, considering things could’ve been a lot worse than the four to five inches of rain it dumped. Right now we’re just hoping for an extended dry spell until we get a roof.
On Tuesday, the day before Bill was supposed to dump most of his rain, we drove to the house at lunchtime and saw a guy unloading more building materials from a flatbed truck.
On Thursday evening, we returned to see how much standing water there was, outside
We noticed that some of the sheathing delivered Tuesday had been deposited at random places around the house but none of it had been nailed up.
Some sheathing (with the green edges) had been installed in the attic, probably in anticipation of the HVAC installation which follows framing.
The area for the attic access was framed.
Yesterday we found some of the sheathing nailed up in the back of one of the bedroom closets, in a corner of one of the bedrooms and in the sewing room / office. We’re not exactly sure why because we assumed drywall would go in those places, so we’ll have to investigate.
Some of the ceiling joists in the outdoor pavilion were in
and, saving the best for last, the most exciting accomplishment this week was the cutting and installation of the curved shape for the upstairs hallway.