Yesterday I finished adding one more set of rows to my 1930s postage stamp quilt:
Having reached my breaking point of handling 1″ squares (954 of them, to be exact), I packed all the little scraps and pieces for it back into the drawer of my storage unit,
after which the top got folded and hung in the closet. I’ll work on it again, but right now, I just can’t look at it.
It was kind of a relief to see the design wall empty and I took a picture of it so I could share with you how it was made, which I will do tomorrow.
Then I cleaned and oiled my sewing machine and dusted and vacuumed my sewing room in anticipation of starting a new project. I really shouldn’t start a new project but all the snow and sub-zero temperatures have made me wish for spring and this project fits the bill. I’ll explain more in a future post, but just to give you an idea, this is the focus fabric:
In the meantime, here are the next 10 Aunt Grace snowball blocks: